Objectives of IEPP
Although the current global ‘capitalist economy’ has triumphed, it is failing step by step to ensure human welfare. Only those who are involved in the economy know this. At the moment, ‘Islamic economics’ is no longer just Muslim; On the contrary, non-Muslim economists are taking their place in the table.
In fact, the practical practice of Islamic economics in the family, society and the state is now imperative. Poverty alleviation, a society free from exploitation, balanced distribution. In a word, there is no alternative to the Islamic financial system in implementing the basic rights of the people.
The Edelman Trust Bar Meter’s annual survey, published in January 2020 at the World Economic Forum (WEF), surveyed 34,000 people in 26 countries to find out how people around the world view capitalism. People from countries like the United States and France, liberal democracies in the West, China and Russia have also participated in this survey. Fifty-seven percent of them say, “Current capitalism is doing more harm than good.”
At this time, as a Muslim and a conscious citizen, it is important to know and learn more about Islamic economics.
What is taught about economics in general education is entirely Western economics. Islamic economics has nothing. Wherever it is, it is influenced by orientalists.
It is also neglected in madrasa education. At one time something was taught about this. Now it is almost closed. We have been working for the last three years. How to present a simple presentation of Islamic economics and conventional economics. I have made several sheets.
After long planning, we just designed the course on economics and Islamic economics.
We have a talented and young enterprising trainer team in-house. Those who have got higher degree with maximum success in Bangladesh Qawmi Madra Education Board examination. In addition, they are highly trained in academic studies in Islamic Economics and Fiqh Mu’amala. Most of the members of the team are recognized CSAAs from AAOIFI, a Bahrain-based international Shariah standards body, CSBIB research team members, CIFEs recognized by Ethica, and Sharia experts with practical experience nominated as honorary members of AAOIFI’s working group. They have the experience of taking hundreds of classes on Islamic Economics and Fiqh Mu’amala, research, analysis, critical discussions and solutions from contemporary sources to contemporary issues in the light of Shariah and presenting in Bengali in a simple and fluent manner.
Salient Features of IEPP
- Trainers are skilled and experienced in Islamic Finance and Fiqhul Muamalat and are AAOIFI certified Shariah Advisors and Auditors; S, C is a registered Shariah advisor in Malaysia.
- Follow international Sharia standards.
- Providing a complete idea of Islamic economics by hand.
- Introduce Islamic terminology as well as modern terminology in class.
- Provide PDF files and recorded videos of the discussion.
- Open Q&A related to the subject after each class.
- Conducting educational activities with modern technology and presenting classes through slide presentations.
- Opportunity for women to participate.
- Assessment test and certification in MCQ method at the end of the course.
Who is the course for?
- Those who have read or will read about economics.
- Those who have studied or will study in at least Jalalain class in madrasa.
- Respected teachers, who take economics classes.
- Brother / sister who has passed at least SSC of the school.
- Those who have a keen interest.
- AAOIFI Shari’ah Standards
- Introduction to Islamic Finance by Mufti Taqi Usmani
- Islamic Finance by Dr. Imran Ashraf Usmani
- Al-Majalla Al Ahkam Al. Adaliyyah. (The Ottoman Courts Manual)
- Al Fiqhul al-Islami wa-Adilatuhu (Transactions Chapter) by Dr. Wahbah Zuhayli
- Resolutions of Renowned International Fiqh Academies such as:
- International Fiqh Academy, Jeddah
- International Fiqh Academy, Hind etc.
- Research Papers from International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA)
- Other Academic and Industry Literature Pertinent to the CourseContact us for details about the course-
Mufti Sajjadur Rahman
COURSE Coordinator, IFAC.